If we are lucky, we may move to Alert Level 2 on Wednesday 6 October. If this happens, we will be offering Holiday Workshops for Year 11 – 13 students in school. If the Alert Levels do not change then the holiday sessions will not run. Click here for a downloadable version of the workshops
A big part of the holiday sessions will be making sure we are abiding by Alert Level 2 rules and recommendations: This will be good practice before we start term 4. The key controls for De La Salle College continue to be;
- Good hygiene practices – regular washing and drying of hands and good cough and sneeze etiquette remain fundamental to preventing spread of illness such as colds, flu, and COVID-19
- Hand sanitiser will be available in all spaces, throughout the school.
- In addition to our regular cleaning schedule, high touch surfaces will be cleaned at least once daily. High touch surfaces are door handles, taps and tabletops.
- Face coverings are strongly encouraged, but they are not a requirement. We will make masks available for the holiday sessions.
- Insisting people with COVID-19 symptoms or who are unwell in any way stay away from school
- Maintaining physical distancing where practicable – in schools at Alert Level 2 this means students and staff maintaining a physical distance so that they are not breathing on or touching each other.
- Keeping track of people that enter school – through your Attendance register, timetable, and visitor register.
A huge thank you to the teachers who offered to run a session. We are hopeful of a return.