Attendance Dues are a compulsory payment approved by the Minister of Education under Section 447 of the Education Act 2020 and a condition of enrolment at De La Salle College. Attendance Dues are charged for all students who attend Catholic Schools in New Zealand.
Attendance Dues are used to repay loans for building works done at schools in the Auckland Diocese, property related costs including school building works, buildings insurance and costs directly associated with the administration of attendance dues.
Attendance Dues are collected by De La Salle College on behalf of the school’s Proprietor, the Roman Catholic Bishop of Auckland. The attendance dues collected by De La Salle College are forwarded to Auckland Common Fund Limited, a company established by the proprietors of Catholic integrated schools in the Diocese of Auckland responsible for the collection of attendance dues.
2021 ATTENDANCE DUES PAYABLE FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR
|Year 7 to Year 8||$452|
|Year 9 to Year 13||$888|
|School and Subject Contributions|
|Year 7 to Year 8||$370|
|Year 9 to Year 13||$250|
|TOTAL FINANCIAL OBLIGATION & CONTRIBUTION|
|Year 7 to Year 8 ($205.00 per term)||$822.00|
|Year 9 to Year 13 ($284.50 per term)||$1138.00|
Attendance Dues + School & Subject Contributions
= Total Financial Obligation & Contribution
Attendance Dues can be paid in full at the beginning of the school year, per term or by regular instalments.
- You can make manual or EFTPOS payments at our school office.
- Pick up an Automatic Payment (AP) Form from our school office or click on link DLS AP Form
- Internet Banking
- If you are paying via Automatic Payment (AP) or Internet Banking please use your son’s last name and school ID number as reference (it is on your statement or contact the office for his ID number).
Payments Required: From January 20th 2021 – December 2021:
|Year 7 & 8||25.00||38.00||75.00|
- More information is available from your school office De La Salle College on attendance dues if you require further information or need any assistance.
- All families are required to meet these payments and they do so as a condition of their son’s enrolment. School ID, Camps, School Trips, Class Material and Uniform will need to be paid separately.
- Voluntary Contributions are Tax deductible.
- Fees may alter at the discretion of the Board of Trustees and the Catholic Education Office.
Special Catholic Character Contributions
The Catholic Special Character contribution is a voluntary donation of $12.50 per term ($50.00 per annum) per student. Special Character contributions collected on behalf of the Proprietor are raised in terms of Section 451 of the Education Act 1989 (tax deductible).
This contribution provides the main source of funding for all services provided to De La Salle College by the Catholic Education Services Board. No contributions are made by the Government for these services.
The Catholic Education Services Board assists schools to provide a Catholic education for your child through the preservation and enhancement of the Catholic Special Character in our schools
Financial Assistance for Attendance Dues: Financial assistance is available to assist families who may need financial support with the payment of attendance dues for preference students attending Catholic schools in the Auckland Diocese, both primary and secondary.
Families facing financial difficulties can contact their school office, their Parish Priest or the Revenue Manager at the Catholic Diocese of Auckland for further information. Application forms for Financial Assistance are available from school and parish offices, or can be downloaded from the Catholic Diocese of Auckland website www.aucklandcatholic.org.nz/catholic-schools/ (Go to Catholic Schools in Auckland / Attendance Dues and Special Character Contributions.)
Please click on link below for the Financial Assistance Application that you will need to complete and returned to the College or the Catholic Diocese (email address above).
For further enquiries please contact:
Whaea Michelle Timoti-Hohaia
Phone: (09) 276 4319 ext 813