Attendance Dues are a compulsory payment approved by the Minister of Education under the terms of the Education and Training Act 2020 and a condition of enrolment at De La Salle College. Attendance Dues are charged for all students who attend Catholic Schools in New Zealand.
Attendance Dues are used to repay loans for building works done at schools in the Auckland Diocese, property related costs including school building works, buildings insurance and costs directly associated with the administration of attendance dues.
Attendance Dues are collected by De La Salle College on behalf of the school’s Proprietor, the Roman Catholic Bishop of Auckland. The attendance dues collected by De La Salle College are forwarded to Auckland Common Fund Limited, a company established by the proprietors of Catholic integrated schools in the Diocese of Auckland responsible for the collection of attendance dues.
2024 ATTENDANCE DUES PAYABLE FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR
|Year 7 to Year 8||$516.00|
|Year 9 to Year 13||$1016.00|
|School and Subject Contributions|
|Year 7 to Year 8||$316.00|
|Year 9 to Year 13||$300.00|
|TOTAL FINANCIAL OBLIGATION & CONTRIBUTION|
|Year 7 to Year 8||$832.00|
|Year 9 to Year 13||$1316.00|
Attendance Dues + School & Subject Contributions
= Total Financial Obligation & Contribution
Attendance Dues can be paid in full at the beginning of the school year, per term or by regular instalments.
- You can make cash or EFTPOS transactions at the school office.
- You can make an ATM deposit at an ASB smart ATM machine or over the counter deposit at any ASB branch DLS AP Form
- You can set up an automatic payment or make one off payments via internet banking to:
De La Salle College
Please use your son’s name and student ID number as a reference
- You can check the balance of your son’s account from the Parent Portal
- You will receive a statement of accounts via email or post, each term
Payments Required From February 2024 – December 2024 (40 weeks / 20 fortnights / 11 months)
|Year 7 & 8||20.00||40.00||75.00|
- More information is available from your school office De La Salle College on attendance dues if you require further information or need any assistance.
- All families are required to meet these payments and they do so as a condition of their son’s enrolment. School ID, Camps, School Trips, Class Material and Uniform will need to be paid separately.
- Voluntary Contributions are Tax deductible.
- Fees may alter at the discretion of the Board of Trustees and the Catholic Education Office.
Special Catholic Character Contributions
The Catholic Special Character contribution is a voluntary donation of $60.00 per annum per student. Special Character contributions collected on behalf of the Proprietor are raised under the terms of the Education and Training Act 2020 (tax deductible).
This contribution provides the main source of funding for all services provided to De La Salle College by the Catholic Education Services Board. No contributions are made by the Government for these services.
The Catholic Education Services Board assists schools to provide a Catholic education for your child through the preservation and enhancement of the Catholic Special Character in our schools
SCHOOL ATTENDANCE DUES
Financial assistance is available to assist families who may need financial support with the payment of Attendance Dues for preference students attending both primary and secondary Catholic schools in Auckland Diocese.
Families facing financial difficulties can contact their school office, their Parish Priest, or Auckland Common Fund Ltd at the Catholic Diocese of Auckland on 09-360-3069 for further information.
Application forms for this assistance are available from school and parish offices, or can be downloaded from the Catholic Diocese of Auckland Website: https://www.aucklandcatholic.org.nz/catholic-schools-2/
For further enquiries please contact:
Whaea Michelle Timoti-Hohaia
Phone: (09) 276 4319 ext 813