What is BYOD?
Bring your own device (BYOD) is the term used in Education that encourages students to bring their own portable computer devices to school and into the classroom to assist and enhance their learning. The College have partnered with PB Tech. Click on the following link to access BYOD information PBTech recommendations for purchase of BYOD devices.
Please click on the link for the BYOD registration form & specifications required for your device: BYOD Registration Form
What is e-Learning?
e-learning is learning and teaching that is supported through the appropriate use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs). An e-Learning Committee at the College meets regularly to plan the use of Digital Technologies across all Curriculum areas and levels.
2023 BYOD Guidelines for Parents
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Programme is available to all students with parental approval.
The College does not mandate a particular device for its BYOD Programme. However, it does provide parents and students guidelines and suggestions for minimum hardware and software specifications. We work with Computer suppliers to provide cost effective pricing and support options for parents to consider if purchasing a device. Check the links below:
Specials from PB Tech
Specials from New EraIT & Acquire
|Minimum Hardware Specifications for Laptops
· Minimum 6 -hour battery life
· AC Power adapter/ charger
· 10 – inch screen
· 4GB memory
· Wi-Fi: 802.11g or 802.11n
· 2 USB Ports
· Audio out (for headphones)
· Weight (low as possible)Suggested Extras
· Upgrade to 2-3-year warranty to include battery replacement
· Carry bag / protective case will help with daily use
· USB Pen Drive / HeadphoneOther considerations
· Ensure your household / contents policy will cover your son’s device
· Increased memory will result in smoother running devices
|Minimum Software Specifications for Laptops
|· Operating System – Windows 10
· Web Browser (Google Chrome capable)
· The school provides Office 365 licence free to students to install and use both at school and home. This Application Software includes School email, Teams. Word-processing, Presentations, Spreadsheets, Databases, Image Manipulation and Video; all of which are widely used across all subjects. Other software used at school like Creative Cloud will also be made available to Senior Arts and Technology students.
· Antivirus software
BYOD Registration and Agreement Forms are available from the College Office or email email@example.com
BYOD Registration and Agreement Forms are available from the College Office
or email firstname.lastname@example.org