INCIDENT

Dear Parents

Today at Morning Interval there was an incident which involved a portable gas cooker exploding while boys were running a sausage sizzle as part of their Young Enterprise Studies.

Three boys received burns to their hair, two staff members supervising the event also received minor burns.  All students and staff were treated immediately by the College Medical Centre as well as St John’s ambulance personnel.  The three students and two staff members have been taken to Middlemore Hospital for treatment and observation.

All parents have been contacted.  The College Pastoral Care Team have responded quickly to support the young men who have received injuries and other concerned students.

College Staff have accompanied all students to Middlemore Hospital and will remain with our young men until their parents arrive.

Regards

Myles Hogarty
PRINCIPAL

 

Close Menu

De La Salle College